Netgear router setup will allow you to use your smart wireless router with the existing WiFi network (internet) and can help in resolving problems related to internet and its connectivity.
Most Internet Service Providers (ISPs) do not require you to configure, setup, and install your Netgear wireless router unless you’re using it with a DSL internet connection or an Ethernet or USB cable.
Cable Internet with Netgear Genie Interface (For Newer Netgear Models)
- Power off your Netgear router and existing modem as well.
- Use an Ethernet cable (well-maintained) to connect your modem to the port labeled “Internet” on Netgear WiFi router.
- Use a second (additional) Ethernet cable to connect a computer or laptop to any port labeled “LAN” on the Netgear device.
- Power on your existing modem and wait for all the LED lights on it becomes stable.
- After a couple of minutes power on your Netgear router and wait for the LED light on it becomes solid green.
- Launch an internet browser and type the default IP address of your device i.e. 192.168.1.1 into the URL bar field. This will redirect you to Netgear router login page.
- Here, you will be prompt to enter default login credentials. Once done, you will see that Netgear Genie setup wizard has been displayed on the home screen.
Just follow some light and smooth steps given below
- First of all, click on the advanced tab.
- After that, click on Setup Wizard.
- Select Yes.
- Click on Next only when it asks you “if you want Netgear to detect your Internet connection”.
- Click on “take me to the internet” and verify your internet connection whether it is working properly or not.
Fab! Your Netgear wireless router has been configured successfully.
Cable Internet with Smart Wizard Interface (For Older Netgear Models)
- Grab an Ethernet cable and connect your modem to the Internet port on your Netgear WiFi router.
- Use an additional (second) Ethernet cable and connect your computer or a laptop to any LAN port on your smart WiFi router.
- Power off your modem, computer/ laptop, and router, and after a couple of minute’s power on your all three (3) devices.
- Once done, launch a web browser and into the address bar type routerlogin.net.
- After that, log in to the router interface using default login credentials and follow some rose petal steps below.
- Click on Setup Wizard.
- Select yes only when asked it asks “if you want Netgear to detect your Internet connection”.
- Click on Next. Netgear will take a couple of seconds to detect your Internet connection.
- Once your internet connection type is detected click on Next.
Congrats! Your Netgear wireless router is successfully configured and it will automatically save your settings.
Ask us “the reliable solution partner of Netgear” if you want some more Netgear troubleshooting for your router setup, configuration, and log in.
DSL Internet with Netgear Genie Interface (For Newer Router Models)
- Using a DSL microfilter connect your Netgear router to your telephone jack. It is a small box that connects your router and telephone properly to the telephone jack.
- After that, using a small telephone wire connect your telephone with the DSL microfilter.
- Use a USB cable and connect your computer/ laptop to LAN port (any) on your Netgear router.
- Pull up an internet browser (any).
Once done, follow some creamy smooth steps given below
- First of all, select yes.
- When the displayed page asks, “If you want Netgear to configure your Internet” then you have to click on Next.
- Hit enter and into the displayed page type username and Netgear router password and click on next.
- At last, click on “Take me to the Internet” in order to verify your Internet connection.
Good Job! Your Netgear wireless router is configured successfully.
DSL Internet with Smart Wizard Interface (For Older Netgear Models)
- Connect your Netgear router to the telephone jack making use of the DSL microfilter.
- Once done, connect your telephone to DSL microfilter using well-maintained small telephone wire.
- Use a USB cable and connect your computer to LAN port of your wireless router.
- Launch a relevant web browser and at very top of the address bar type 192.168.1.1.
- Hit on enter and onto the displayed page type username and password (default login credentials).
After that, follow some baby touch steps given below
- Click on Setup Wizard.
- When the page asks “if you want Netgear to detect your Internet connection” select yes.
- At last, click on “Next.”
Well Done! Your Netgear wireless router is configured perfectly.
Dial a Netgear helpline number 1-844-689-9966 (toll-free) and ask our certified experts for Netgear support.