Nowadays, data is generating very frequently by every user or a company. So, it becomes very challenging for a user to manage data in a proper way. Similarly, Outlook users can face issues while managing large PST files. As the more emails the user send and receive, the Outlook mailbox becomes large in size. Thus, Outlook users are not able to manage large Outlook PST files in a hassle-free way. To help out all the users, we are going to introduce a smart yet reliable way to manage large Outlook PST files in a seamless manner.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular email clients used by various organizations for communication process and management of data such as emails, contacts, calendars etc. In MS Outlook all the data is stored in PST file format. Now, when it comes to PST file size then every Outlook version is associated with a different PST file size. MS Outlook 2002 and older version support 2GB size, Outlook 2003/2007 support 20 GB size, and Outlook 2010/2013/2016/2019 support 50GB PST file size.
Do You Know?
What Happens When PST Files Becomes Large In Size?
Due to large PST file, Outlook performance starts degrading and it becomes slow. Moreover, large PST file also lead to corruption issues. Once the PST file becomes corrupt, it becomes difficult to repair it and ultimately, the user has to face data loss issue.
Now, The Question Arises:
How to Manage Large Outlook PST Files?
The best way to deal with large Outlook files is to split pst into multiple files. The user can easily manage smaller PST files rather than a large single PST file. To split PST file the user has to opt for an automated approach i.e. SysTools Split PST Tool. With this utility, the user can divide large PST files into the smaller part to eliminate all the issues such as PST file corruption, slow performance of Outlook etc. The utility is designed with advanced and powerful algorithms. Moreover, various features and functionalities are present into the utility which makes it a robust software. Some of the amazing features of the Split PST tool are:
- One can easily split large PST file into smaller part according to a particular date, size, year or folder.
- The software is also capable to work with active PST file and archive PST file.
- The utility can split Outlook PST file containing data such as emails, contacts, calendars, tasks etc.
- The user can exclude deleted items while splitting large PST file into smaller ones.
- No PST file size restriction is associated with the utility.
- The tool is compatible with Windows Operating system all the versions.
How to Divide Large PST File Using Split PST Tool?
To split large PST files into smaller files, the user has to follow to the step-by-step process explained below.
- First, download and install SysTools PST Split Tool and launch it
- Now, click on the Split option to begin the split PST file process
- In the Select Option to Split section, you have to select the Microsoft Outlook version that you are using
- In the Split Option, four options are given:
- Split By Size: This option allows the user to split PST file by selecting a particular size. One can select the size in MB or GB.
- Split By Date: One can divide PST file according to a specific date. The user just has to select the date as per his/her needs
- Split By Year: With this option, one can split PST file by selecting a year. The user has to select the year range in From and To fields.
- Split By Folder: This option split the PST file by folder and each folder is converted into a new PST file.
- Select any of the options according to your choice. You can also select to Exclude Deleted Items
- Now, just select the destination location to save the resultant PST file
- Finally, click on the Next button, the software will display all the information related to the split process
- Click on the Split button to begin the split PST process
- After the completion of the process, navigate to the location where you saved the resultant PST file
Now, You Will Manage Large Outlook PST Files Easily!
Most of the users face problems while dealing with large PST files. Sometimes, it also leads to data loss issues. Thus, in this blog, we have introduced a reliable and efficient approach to manage large Outlook files. The prime way to deal with large Outlook files is to split them into smaller files. For this task, the user can rely on Split PST Tool to divide Outlook PST file into smaller parts and avoid all the issues such as corruption, Outlook performance degradation etc.
First you need to figure out in which format you want to convert your Outlook PST file. There are many file extension in which you can export your PST file like EML, MSG, PDF, Text, Documents (Doc, Docx, RTF,) Outlook contacts can be saved into VCF, PST calendars can be saved into ICS format. Apart from that, NSF, MBOX, and many file formats are there. You need to first analyze and fix what you want. Because there will be different methods for each format. If you want a complete solution then go for PST Converter tool, the software converts into many other file formats.