Each day Google sets up changes to the ranking algorithm. These usually are so small that they go unnoticed. This where most people are deceived but a perfect SEO Experts work out on their Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
This article helps you to understand the most important algorithm changes including the penalties that have been brought to the surface in the recent time, along with a brief outline and SEO-related advice on each of the updates.
Factually, Google historically has a pretty long line of its update depending on the dates and the timeline. Each of the updates have had a different name or title and different functions. The first update dates back to the year 2011.
Here is a list of all major SEO updates and their functions:
- Panda launched in the year 2011, was to treat situations related to duplicate and/or plagiarized content along with content without less info or thin content, user-generated spam, as well as keyword-stuffing.
- Second is the Penguin for links that are irrelevant and over-optimized, and the update came up on April 24th, 2012.
- Next, came up Hummingbird that came up in 2013, August 22nd and dealt with low-quality content and keyword-stuffing.
- 2014 came up with Pigeon which has an effect on those of the searches who utilize user location playing a significant role. The update has produced closer ties connecting the local algorithm and the core algorithm that are: orthodox SEO factors which are now made use of in ranking the local results.
- In the year 2018, certain SEO people reported seeing changes that had started in and around Halloween. They speculated a possible indication of a Google update, although it was unconfirmed. However, not much information of a noteworthy update has been visible. This was basically due to the August broad core algorithm update and then Google binging the use of neural matching down.
- A more recent update in the year 2019 is the June one. The June update has specified on the content quality and may be defined under these heads:
Quality contentment and out-of-the-edge optimization of the site is to help the site owner to exceed the expectation of the updates. In case the site is not working well or ranking well, the owner would have to check if the information and the content within the website should be relevant, thereby raising prospects in the “eyes” of Google.
The best way to check relevance is to make use of the Search Quality Rater Guidelines. Sometimes, by abiding with the rules laid down by Google, the owner can be able to experiment with his/her content without any chances of penalization.
Google has started to use favicons in its search bar, at least for celebrities and the pop-culture musicians and related people. This is the latest improvement from the erstwhile practice of just having a mere text in the browser search bar of Google Chrome of the person or entity being searched for. However, this is still unconfirmed.
Google has said that one needs to calm down and then be mindful of the progress reports, thereby tracking the properties of updates while doing that. Google continues that the types of updates are usually created to teach the owner that the banking on of content will go a long way through because you can be almost unconquerable once Google starts sniffing out for those sites which do not bypass an appropriate quality-rating.
The Update calls for the site owners to be mindful of the inherent errors and the inferior quality of the content, which will help him/her to keep up to the pace of keeping the site active.
Here you need to opt for the best SEO services company, search for those which pay heed to these updates, like Foxtrot Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd.