Anybody who values money would agree to what Benjamin Franklin said, “a penny saved is a penny earned.” Yet, not many people know the simplest way to save money while shopping online. Well! What is it? Waiting for the season’s end sales to kick off or delaying your purchases till you can avail festive season discount, or is it applying for store membership to get those members-only discounted deals? The answer is, none of the above. The simplest and quickest way to save money while shopping online is to use discount coupons. On most online shopping websites, the codes of discounted coupons are shown while checking out to complete the purchase. Yet, some people miss these easily available discounts because of not knowing the right way to look for and use coupon codes. Here are a few tips to make your shopping experience more economical by using coupon-codes the right way.
- Observe closely: In most cases, coupon-codes are mentioned in a smaller font and either right above or below the details of your transaction. Do not check out in a hurry and scrutinize the web-page well to see if there are any coupon codes that can be availed. Make sure you do not place the order before applying a coupon code successfully.
- Minimum Purchase: Check the minimum amount that you have to shop to make the coupon-codes applicable on your purchase. Most websites offer deals on the basis of ‘Shop More, Save More.’ This means the percentage of discount by applying a coupon-code is directly proportional to the amount of your purchase. Some sites also offer the option of ‘No Minimum Purchase,’ that means you can use coupon-codes without adding additional items to your cart to meet a particular figure.
- Go beyond: The other secret to save money while shopping online is to look for coupon-codes outside the website. There are specific websites that offer coupon codes for various brands or online shopping sites. The best feature about these websites is that the coupon-codes are not limited to apparels and footwear. For example, Bewakoof coupon codes are applicable for booking hotels, booking flights, ordering food online, and so on.
- Check dates: Whether a coupon code is available on the main website or on a deals-and-discounts website, almost all coupon-codes are valid till a particular date. The period of validity may vary from a day to even a year. For example, if you check Bewakoof.com, a leading deals-and-discounts website in India, different types of Bewakoof coupons have different validity dates.
- Do it right: Coupon-codes are a combination of either letters, or numbers, or both. Before entering the coupon-code, do check whether the letters are case-sensitive.
- Be informed: Sign up for notifications and alerts to stay updated about the latest coupon codes being offered on various websites. This may seem a task at first but helps save a lot of money in the long run. Imagine having a coupon-code for almost everything that you purchase online. Well! It is possible if you keep a track of coupon-codes being offered.
Do you have more queries about using coupon codes? Please leave comments below.