Tips when choosing the house of your dreams
Buying a house is not something that is done every day, so it is important that you analyze your options, compare and make the best purchase decision.
Take into account the following during the election of your next home:
Prestige of the builder
Investigate the Projects carried out by the real estate developer in question, to obtain a good reference on your work. Analyze if the structures are conserved and if they are projects or condominiums approved by the Insured Mortgage Development Institute (FHA). This will give legal certainty to your purchase and confidence in the type of construction.
Design of the house
Identify the characteristics of the construction that interests you. Size, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, service areas, lighting, closets and chooses according to the one that best suits your needs. We share some designs and environments that you will love here.
We share a table of comparison of design of a house so that you analyze between several options:
That the location of your future home does not depend on the place where your children work or study. Consider that the place to live is a decision for life, while your workplace can change and in a medium term, your children will finish their studies. The best thing is to evaluate the place according to how you feel in that environment, the proximity of shops, hospitals, shopping centres and other places that will be part of your new life. Evaluate also the security, green areas to exercise and enjoy outdoors. Visualize the ideal environments of your next home here. You should always buy your dream from from an real estate developer.
Ask about the financing alternatives that exist to acquire your house. The advisor should guide you and put at your disposal different options made to your measure, in order to make your dream come true and acquire the house you have always wanted, according to your possibilities. Currently, banks in Guatemala offer you excellent and very low interest rates that facilitate the qualification for a credit, because at a lower rate, you require lower income to qualify.
Take advantage of housing fairs
Find out about events related to housing fairs that place the largest number of housing options in one place. Assist and approach the developers, who will offer you additional benefits that will improve your purchase.
Differences between house and apartment
The decision to buy a house or apartment is very personal; however there are important differences you should know:
- A house offers private garden that most apartments do not have.
- The exterior maintenance of a dwelling is a personal decision, while the maintenance of a building is the joint decision of all its condominium owners.
- A house does not have the inconvenience that an elevator can cause when the power supply is cut off or it is out of use.
- In a house you will have your vehicle closer and accessible. While in a building, not, mainly when you forget something inside it.
- Depending on the location, an apartment can offer you better views than a house.Building security is usually more controlled than in a house.
- The sale price per square meter in an apartment is usually greater than that of a house depending on its location.