5 Rules of Commercial Interior Designing
Interior designing can be distinctly identified into two important subparts: Commercial interior designing and Residential interior designing. While Residential interior designing is done to design and create an inhabitable personal space which is a true reflection of the personality and tastes of the resident, Commercial Interior designing focuses on the creation of professional space, carrying out commercial interior fit out to provide a more serious professional outlook and ambience to an interior of the working place.
Commercial interior designing deals with the process of designing the interiors of commercial places or buildings such as offices, business hubs, lobbies, restaurants and many more which is initiated through an intricate and well-thought planning process that includes the collaboration of designers alongside architects working to achieve the required commercial interior fit out for the final appearance of the space so that it can have a positive impact on the guests and on the people working there as well.
Following Are The 5 Important Rules for An Effective and Successful Commercial Interior Designing That One Must Keep in Mind During The Planning Process:
1. The Versatility of Structures – When it comes to commercial structure fit outs, the most effective way to ensure the convertibility of the interior spaces is to keep the structures versatile. This is mainly applicable for complete commercial establishments such as retail buildings, offices, etc. For example, cubicles in airports are built in a manner to support easy customizations with no fuss. Easy conversions and frequent adaptations must be kept in mind while designing and providing commercial interior fit outfor establishments.
2. Upgradation of Aesthetics – Commercial interior design considers the need for addressing aesthetic creativity for interiors. The elements could evolve according to the needs and can be changed without having serious implications on the basic branding parameters like the brand color palette. For example, the design of an office interior should be such, so that it includes convertible areas that can be wisely utilized without affecting the stability of the structures in the building.
3. Implementation of Technology – Implementing a proper system of technology is very important in a commercial space. Adequate thoughts and facilities must be considered for telecommunication and networking systems which are of utmost importance for the customers and workers. Commercial interior fit out must implement a digital control, centralized or decentralized. Addressing the comfort and effectiveness of the workforce and guests in their own space of activity should be of prime importance.
4. Allocation of Personalized Spaces – For restaurants and hotels or other solely customer-based services, making customers feel at home is all about providing them with choices to get the service and the ambiance according to their preferences. Formulating a plan including spaces with provisions to satiate personal needs and preferences is beneficial for the business. Reliability is an important factor that plays a pivotal role in the retention of customers.
5. Ensuring Proper Safety Measures – Safety is the most important facet in any interior constructions. Safety measures must be implemented thoroughly with the interior design plan and in commercial interior fit out. It’s a moral obligation of the designers as well as clients to ensure safe space. Safety regulations cannot be jeopardized for décor or design purposes.
These are the set of important factors that influence commercial interior designing and which must be kept in mind and thoroughly followed to produce a successful commercial interior space and its maintenance. Following them will ensure a beautiful, aesthetically pleasing, safe, efficient and an impactful interior both for the customers and the working force in the long run.