What makes Server Lifts Essential for the Data Center
You are placing your employees at a risk if they are still handling power supplies, heavy servers, switches and other equipment by hand. You are making them prone to injuries which can even invite lawsuits. The days of handling these heavy equipment manually, by hand are long gone. These days, there are lifts available which make things much easier for you. These server lifting equipment are meant to handle even the heaviest of servers. If you are dealing with servers that are quite heavy to handle, in that case, it is absolutely essential for you to have one at your data center. This will help you prevent accidents, save your money and at the same time would also help to increase your operational efficiency
3 Important Functions a Server Lifts need to do
There are 3 important functions that server lifts data center need to perform. They are as follows:
- They should facilitate the process of transporting the servers to wherever required within the facility
- These devices are used in order to position different equipment where they need to be
- They also offer assistance when it comes to installation of servers and also removing them
The last thing that you want to do is to make your data team lift these heavy servers and other equipment, which can not only cause serious injuries to them, but at the same time, can cause serious damage these expensive devices. Therefore, in order to ensure safety and security of both your employees and your expensive devices, you need to make sure that you have lifting equipment in place. These days, there are different companies available in the market which manufactures some of the best quality of these items.
How to Choose the Best Lift for your Data Center?
There are a couple of important aspects that need to be taken into consideration while buying data center lifts. Here are some of them
- How often are the Servers Moved: This is one of the most important factors that need to be taken into consideration. If you move your servers occasionally, in that case you can opt for the less expensive ones, which are operated manually. However, if your servers are moved on a frequent basis, in that case, the motorized version would just be the perfect option for you
- How heavy your Equipments are: As far as the weights of the servers are concerned, they can weight more than hundred pounds. This is where a heavy duty lift with large capacity comes into the picture. These lifts have the power to carry these heavy servers from one place to another. There are both manual and motorized versions available in the market. The motorized ones require less human effort, on the other hand, those which are operated manually, require some amount of effort
- Safely Transport Loads: It needs to be made sure that the lift is capable enough to safely transport the load from floor to a cabinet located at a reasonable height. This is why; you need to be absolutely sure about the specification of the lifts prior buying it. It should be able to withstand the load of your server and at the same time maneuver around smoothly.
- Must Meet the Standards: There are specific standards that have been laid down when it comes to server handling lifts. It needs to be made sure that these standards are being adhered to
It can be concluded by stating that server lifts are absolutely essential for handling heavy servers and other equipment at your data center. It ensures safety and security of your expensive devices