A Linksys WiFi range extender is a brilliant method to improve and boosts your Wi-Fi signal throughout your building, home, or office premises. But you do need to do some basic manually Configure Linksys range extender steps before the device is ready to use. If your Linksys range extender is not performing well or stop working, go through the Linksys range extender reset procedure to set it back to factory reset settings.
Tip: You can reset Linksys smart wifi router password through its web interface or just by pressing and holding the Linksys reset button.
Forget Password? Reset your Linksys Range Extender
If you ever need to reset your Linksys smart wifi router password, you need to perform factory reset settings, there are generally two reset ways to manually configure Linksys range extender.
1. Before performing the reset settings, you first try to unplug the device and plug it back in to reboot to perform Linksys range extender reconfiguration.
2. You can physically reset the Linksys wifi extender device just by pressing and holding down the reset button for nearly five to eight seconds.
- After that unplug it, then wait for 2-5 seconds and plug it back into the power outlet. You will have to manually configure Linksys range extender again.
An Alternative Best Reset Method for Linksys Range Extender
Now you can easily reset the Linksys range extender through the wireless connection, Use your any preferred latest version web browser to make a communication setup between the Linksys extender IP address or support for extender.linksys.com address while trying to establish a connection with another device.
- From menu, choose Administration >>>> Factory Defaults.
- Tap “Restore Factory Defaults.”
- Unplug the Linksys WiFi extender for 30 seconds, and plug it back into an electric outlet.
For resetting a Linksys Smart WiFi Router Password, all the personal preferences throughout the configuration of the Linksys range extender comebacks to its default settings.
Troubleshooting a weak connection, resetting the Linksys range extender provides you with an option to test the manufacturer’s recommended settings, to check whether the speed of the Internet is increased or not.
Additionally, resetting the Linksys range extender if not correctly set up at the very first time, or you can’t able to access the support for extender.linksys.com configuration utility, Don’t worry, get instant solution for your all problems, just share your query with us. Drop your question in the comment box. We are eager to help you to provide you with the best assistance for Linksys WiFi range extender.
The Linksys Extender Setup Process After Reset
To set up a Linksys range extender, firstly make sure you have the Wi-Fi name or called SSID name, security settings, password, and broadcast channel for your particular existing WiFi router.
You can easily get these all information from your WiFi router settings or from a device like a computer or a phone that you have connected with the WiFi router. If you’re not sure, contact your ISP or check your router’s manual.
- Plug in your Linksys WiFi extender and wait for its lights colour to remain stable.
- Plug an ethernet cable into the Linksys WiFi extender and with your desktop/laptop to connect the two devices.
- Open your web browser and navigate to the Linksys webpage support for extender.linksys.com.
- A security login screen with pop up with the security username and password for Linksys Smart WiFi Login.
- Try the default settings for Linksys Smart WiFi Login.
- Enter your WiFi network information on the setup page
- Click on “Save” button.
- Once your Linksys WiFi extender is set up, you will be able to connect to it with your existing Wi-Fi router to access your Internet and network.
If you still have any query regarding the Linksys smart wifi password reset. Drop your query in the below present comment box. Our team is always here to provide you with the best assistance of Linksys range extender.