NTA (National Testing Agency) has announced official date for release of admit card of both the phases of JEE Main 2019 i.e. Jan and April as December 17, 2018 and March 18, 2019 respectively.
It is to be noted here that the admit card will only be available in online mode and will not be accessible through post/fax/courier service. Candidates may download their admit card from official website of NTA after log-in by entering application number, password and security pin at application portal.
Candidate must cross check the details mentioned on the admit card before downloading it. In case if any error is found, then, it has to be immediately reported to the concerned authorities and must be rectified.
From this year, JEE Main will be conducted twice in a year, in Jan and in April. The exam is the most sought after exam in the country as it provides admission to premier institutes of IITs, GFTIs, IIITs, NITs and other participating institutes in undergraduate courses such as B.Tech/BE and B.Arch/B.Plan.
JEE Main is a qualifying examination for those who wish to appear in JEE Advanced for getting into IIT.
Here, we will be discussing the steps to download the admit card and the details mentioned on it along with other important events and dates of JEE Main 2019.
JEE Main Admit Card: How to Download
- Visit the official website of NTA and go to the application portal.
- Log-in using your application number, password and security pin.
- After submitting the details, admit card of the concerned candidate will get displayed on the screen.
- Check the details mentioned on the admit card thoroughly, if any mismatch is found when compared to the original data, report about the same to NTA and get it corrected as soon as possible.
- In case if no error is found and every detail is correct, then, take several printouts of the admit card and also download the pdf file of the same for future reference.
Data Mentioned on JEE Main 2019 Admit Card:
- Name of the candidate.
- Date of birth.
- Father’s name.
- Time of exam.
- Venue of exam center.
- Shift allotted.
- Photograph and signature of the candidate.
- Paper which the student has opted (paper 1 or paper 2).
- Roll number.
- Course name.
- Application number.
- PwD latest status.
- State of eligibility.
- Parent’s signature.
- Exam city and center code.
JEE Main 2019: Latest Events and Dates
- Notification was Out on: August 8, 2018
- Online Registration Started on: September 1, 2018
- Online Registration Ended on: September 30, 2018
- Registration for Test Practice Centers Commenced on: September 1, 2018
- Exam Slots and Dates were Declared on: October 5, 2018
- Exam Centers were Announced on: October 19, 2018
- Admit Cards will get Released on: December 17, 2018 (for Jan session) and March 18, 2019 (for April session)
- Exam will be Held on: From Jan 6 to Jan 20, 2019 (for Jan session) and from April 6 to April 20, 2019 (for April session)
- Result will get Announced on: Jan 31, 2019 (for Jan session) and April 30, 2019 (for April session)