High-end solution For Food Packing and Related SOPs
In today’s era, where necessities such as food, cloth, and shelter are equally necessary as how well they are produced. Humans have always been food lovers. Firstly, People used to strictly consume food that usually they produced, i.e., what to borrow or hunt. Then there was an advancement in cooking styles, and many dishes came to be known.
In today’s busy schedule, people even don’t get time to eat from home. Even migration due to educations or job have made it difficult to cook, so most of the people tend to have packages foods. These foodstuffs have proved a boon today. They have many benefits like more reservable, easy transportation, and many others. Today is a period of Globalization; many companies tend to produce food items and pack them. After that, they export at the local market and even at a global level, which has increased nowadays. This food undergoes two basic steps. They are production and packaging, sharing equal importance.
The packaging is of generally two types. CAP (Controlled Atmosphere Packaging) and MAP (Modified Atmospheric Packing). The packaging process mainly includes the process of food preservation, which includes drying, chilling, freezing, sterilization, and pasteurization. The later manual process of packaging with material takes place.
- MAP includes the enclosure of food wherein the atmosphere within the package tends to be modified. That helps in providing an optimum atmosphere for increasing food quality basically and in the long terms ‘food time’. MAP belongs to operations like chilling.
- The CAP method includes a method of storage where oxygen, carbon dioxide, and nitrogen are altered, and factors of food like temperature humidity is regulated for the betterment of packaging and in short food life. The carbon dioxide agents can be counted as oxygen scavengers or ethylene absorbers. It is more precise and accurate then MAP.
For packaging, various hygiene sops have been mentioned, i.e. standard operating procedures by FCCI in India. These are different for personal or industry-based hygiene sops. These sops help workers not only to follow a step-by-step approach to workers that are guidelines to them but also helps the institution to attain high quality. Following are various principles of Good manufacturing SOPs for food industries focuses upon:
- Residual chemical testing
- Raw material testing
- Product process design
- Hold and release
- label review
The modern technology used video analytics and intelligence to prosper in this field. Modern techniques use CCTV cameras and advanced technologies like Computer Vision technology. Video analytics tends to observe, analyze, and report various activities related to workers or machine functionality. These techniques are used to detect normal and abnormal behavior. Many detection systems have been evolved like a cap detection system, a laborer-action detection system, and so on.
The cap detection systems reduce chances of shipping unsealed product which are necessary for various food transporting service providers, a packaging unit of companies, etc. It mainly performs three actions like intense sensing, count display, total run time, and reject. Actions and conditions are:
- Stalled bottle detection which then counts and display a zero-conveyor speed of sealer shutdown
- Count display with reject delay for missing bottles caps or foil
- Total Bottle count with all appropriate results.
These operations require high-end precision and play an important role in the packaging unit. Once it required huge hardware and sensors which are reduced due to video analytics. In this way, the food packaging industry is enhanced due to the high-end solution.