Before knowing about a good plasterer, we have to understand the concept of the term. A plasterer is a trader who deals with the application of plaster in the interior walls of any building, sometimes statues or murals. Plastering a wall is a must step involved in building construction. It adds to the beautification of the walls and renders strength to the paints.
A plasterer is someone who masters in the art of application of plasters in any concrete surface for its further beautification. Today, you can find some polished plasters and you can easily polish your concrete floor with epoxy coating by a reliable plasterer to save your cost. The majority of working plasterers are employed in the industry of trade contractors. 53% of them are engaged in the industry of insulation contractors and drywall, 15% in the industry of masonry contractors and the rest are freelancers.
Here are a few steps following which a Plasterer works –
- Rinse and set the wall dirt free.
- Set a wire netting to the wall to make sure that the plaster does not fall off from the worktop.
- Make a smooth mixture of stucco and plaster according to the need.
- Apply at least two coats of plaster using required tools like brushes or sprays.
- Make the surface uneven for the last coat to get absorbed.
- Lastly, use wax or sealants to safeguard the finishing touch.
A plasterer needs to stand or stretch for the whole day to make a masterpiece. Using trowels, brushes, spatula or spray guns should be as easy to him as having dinner. The plastering work is not only tiresome but also very dusty. To prevent chemicals, dirt and dust, you can hire a reliable plasterer, and they can install suitable plastering on your walls and roof for your home improvement.
How to find a good Plasterer?
Plastering is considered to be an art. They say anyone with less than 15years of experience in plastering is still an amateur. Rightly said as plastering is a very strenuous, laborious and burdensome job and hardly anyone around us has any knowledge about it.
Here are few guidelines that will be helpful while searching for a fruitful Plasterer:
- Get quotations from several plasterers. Then compare their prices to choose an affordable one.
- Do go through their record as to how long they have been working or how many years of experience they have gathered. This will surely give a very valid idea about their work because in the field of plastering, more the years of experience, better the manual work by the plasterer.
- Ask if they can provide with any address where one can visit and examine his work personally because nothing is above witnessing with own eyes.
- If they have any website then you can visit their official website to check their reviews. Else you can also check their online reviews from other portals to know about the nature of their works.
- Do not let the plasterer work in cold or wintry time because a good plastering finish needs sultry weather.
To sum up, plastering is a sort of creative activity which is extremely arduous and back-breaking. It necessitates a lot of strength and enthusiasm. In today’s time, when we are addicted to home beautification and ornamenting our homes or workplaces, we need to hire an experienced plasterer because they can give us some best ideas for our home improvement. So, respecting and admiring the labour that they put in beautifying the given place, one should award them with sober remuneration.